Power System Simulation Laboratory
On successful completion of the course, students will be able to
CO1 : Compute parameters and develop equivalent model of transmission lines; Formation of bus admittance and impedance matrices for the analysis of transmission line network.
CO2 : Perform experiments to understand the characteristics of various power system loads, electromagnetic transients, economic dispatch and load-frequency dynamics in power systems and power quality issues.
CO3 : Analyse and perform power flow studies, transient stability and fault analysis of power system network.
LIST OF EXPERIMENTS
1. Computation of Transmission Line Parameters and Modeling of Transmission Lines.
2. Formation of Bus Admittance matrix and Impedance matrix.
3. Load Flow Analysis using Gauss-Seidel Method, Newton Raphson and Fast-Decoupled Methods.
4. Fault Current Calculation for Symmetrical and Unsymmetrical Fault Condition.
5. Transient and Small Signal Stability Analysis of Single-Machine Infinite Bus system.
6. Transient Stability Analysis of Multi machine Power Systems.
7. Electromagnetic Transients in Power Systems.
8. Load - Frequency Dynamics of Single- Area and Two-Area Power Systems.
9. Economic Load Dispatch in Power Systems.
10. Numerical Integration of Swing equation.