Power Electronics and Drives Laboratory
On successful completion of the course, students will be able to
CO1 : Understand the Characteristics of the power semiconductor devices and its critical resistances.
CO2 : Demonstrate the AC-DC converter, DC-DC converter, DC - AC converter and voltage controllers.
CO3 : Realize the application of power converters to the speed control of AC and DC machines.
CO4 : Apply the software knowledge and simulate the speed control of AC and DC drives.
LIST OF EXPERIMENTS:
1. Characteristics of SCR, TRIAC, MOSFET and IGBT.
2. Control pulse generation using UJT.
3. AC - DC half and fully controlled converter.
4. MOSFET based step-up and step-down chopper.
5. IGBT based single phase and three phase PWM inverter.
6. AC voltage controller using SCR and TRIAC.
7. Speed control of converter fed DC drives and Induction motor drive.
8. Simulation studies on closed-loop control of a DC Drive and AC Drive.
9. Speed control of PMSM.
List of Major Equipments:
- VI Characteristics of SCR Kit
- VI Characteristics of TRIAC Kit
- VI Characteristics of MOSFET Kit
- VI Characteristics of IGBT Kit
- Single phase half and fully controlled bridge converter
- DC-DC BUCK –BOOST Converter
- IGBT based single phase PWM inverter
- Single phase series Inverter
- Single phase Parallel Inverter
- AC Phase Control using SCR
- AC Phase control using TRIAC
- IGBT phase three phase PWM Inverter
- Resonant DC-DC converter
- Speed control of DC shunt motor using three phase converter